Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Denver Colorado

My darling family gave me a wonderful going away dinner party, all planned by my devious sister Jaime of course. It was the first surprise party that I've been to that was actually a surprise. Katherine did a great job of keeping me in the dark for hours while my family and friends all met up at Uncle Julio's. I was standing right next to a table filled with people I have known my whole life, and I didn't recognize anyone. It wasn't until they all shouted at me that I finally saw them! I still had to do a double take. I can't expressed how happy I was to see everyone there. I already miss them.

Here is a picture of Katherine that I took right before we went to the restaurant. She's so beautiful.




I am so thrilled to be in Denver all the same. I absolutely love the mountains in the distance. It shocks me every time I catch a glimpse. I don't really want to get used to them though. I want to be overwhelmed by their size and beauty every time I look to the west. I just feel so lucky to have the opportunity to live here.

I took a little road trip to Bishop's Castle. I'm pretty proud of myself for being able to climb to the very top. This castle was built by one man. It is truly astounding. Jim Bishop started building it when he was 18 he is now 67. Here is a picture of his work.


No comments:

Post a Comment